October 31, 2016

Layout / When you step outside your comfort zone



 So I've made another 'quick' layout to go in my 9 x 12 album using Hip Kit September kit. Nothing but fun, just experimenting with papers, techniques and design.


I struggle to step out of my creativity comfort zone.
See that fringing... I was fearful and doubted  I could make that fringing look as good as some those other fabulous scrappers out there. For reason of 'what others might say', "this page is going to go belly up if I do that" I  admire all those new techniques from a distance.


Looking from a distance is only so much fun. Sometimes I need to remind myself to just take a baby step and try it just once.  Bit like encouraging my boys to start reading  Diary of whimpy kid.  ("Its an infection caused by a splinter that was left untreated"- seriously these two boys in this story have me laughing out loud and eagerly anticipating the next adventure. ) Start with chapter one and see if you like it.  An hour past lights out and their still reading the story.


Now I find myself trying to put fringing onto each project i make. All it took was one small step outside my creativity comfort zone.
Let go of those fears, be brave and try something new.
I did!

 photo b14aab11-c343-4b9f-bec1-896291fc7892_zpspbti8bqf.png

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! I love trying new things and different designs. Your's looks great, you should step out more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks Lynn! It is fun trying new things, I must admit! XO

      Delete

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x