December 1, 2016

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.




The thing is, its not always sitting down with paper and glue, is it? There are many other cute little things you can that spark creativity. Now I want to put houses on all my layouts! 



I've been a little un-motivated and well, plainly un-interested in paper and glue until a couple days ago. For the reason, that i have had my mind on making this advent calendar for the kids. Oh, I nearly gave up half way through.  It was fiddle and seemed like a never ending pile of houses to stitch.


My boys are coming home with some beaut christmas crafts from school. There grins and excitement as they explain to me what they did on the way home from the bus stop, makes a pleasant distraction from the dirt road  a little less boring too, all I had to do was see there faces and it would re-motivate me to keep on sewing. Just one more, and another and another... 


This advent calendar has been something on my list for a number of years now. I've even had the fabric stashed away for 3 years. I created a little pocket at the back to pop in a jigsaw piece each day along with a note or a sweet treat.



Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Now I better go and finish making the 24 little tags to go with the jigsaw piece or there'll be sad faces when they get home from school and find no message for today.
(Confession: I told them they can take a house down when they get home from school, because I wasnt orgainsed enough yesterday to pop the notes in each pocket... because I hadnt finished.. oopsie!) 


 photo b14aab11-c343-4b9f-bec1-896291fc7892_zpspbti8bqf.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x