April 29, 2017

Hey there friend


 Hello there lovely people. Felicity here today with a bright coloured layout using the April 2017 kit and a Project Life page with the March 2017 kit.

Lets be honest, I struggled a lot with this layout. No idea why, maybe its because it was the first page using the April kit, and a mix of overwhelming feelings with so much product to play with, ideas galore, that i seriously didn't want to know to do first and the pressure of a Design team member. (keeping real friends).


We all struggle at some point. The wheels fall off the wagon, you get dishearten and loose direction. Most of us, can enter in to that feeling of unworthiness and discontentment. But you know what, that's what scrapbooking is about. Releasing those negative feelings, refocusing on whats important in life and simply relaxing.


I pounded a lot on this layout, long before I turned the video camera on. I let go of all the 'pressure' I put on myself, it was all un-neccessary, blocked out the negative and let myself just create.

I found a lot of therapy with these beautiful crayons from Vicki Boutin and stickers in the colour kit. I applied some gesso to the page first and then just rub the crayon on and ended up using my finger, with a smidgen of water to move the crayon about. Because the pack of crayons comes with 'tones' of yellows and oranges, you don't have to think to much about what crayon to put next to what, they all mix nicely together because of the same tones.


My task for you today was creative journaling. Creative journaling is just that. Creative. No limitations. You can use a pen and write your journaling as a poem, quote, story or even a conversation dialogue. For me I want to challenge myself in creating journaling from all those beautiful Vicki Bution stickers in the colour kit. I even went a little creative with our I put them on the layout.


There were a lot of cute ephemera in the crate paper Oasis pack. Don't fooled by them, perhaps being a little travel dominate, you can use them as laying pieces and cut the floral's out and so forth, like I did.

I was admiring all the beautiful mustard tones in the papers, as well as on the embellishments from the Pink pasilee chipboard pieces and the pink fresh rubber stickers.


Remember, no limitations on how you journal or what you journal with.
I want you try and tell the story of your layout with the sticker sentiments in the kit. Its creative and whole heap of fun. Go on, challenge yourself this week.


Happy story telling friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x