April 4, 2017

Let the #the100dayproject for twenty seventeen begin...






 Hi Friends!

I wanted to pop by and talk to you about the #the100dayproject that started today. Think back to about  this time last year, I completed 100 project life cards, which kept me up to date with the kids project life albums.


Three reasons why I completed this task and made it to the end:
One. I gave myself this task because it was manageable. Each little project life card took me no more than 15 minutes a day. Having 5 minutes while I take some deep breaths amidst the evening ciaos. Then taking another 5 minutes while the kids are outside.  Not only did it make me stop and have some 'self care', but it was rewarding. I was documenting for kids, in their albums.

Two. My project life cards were helping me complete a project I wanted to do. My heart was in this project. It encouraged my reasoning's as to why I complete Project life.


Three. I believe it was because I didn't put any limitations or restrictions on myself. It didn't matter if the card had only journaling and no prettiness (because I didnt get anymore time that day). I wasn't concerned if it was a matter of printing a photo, and adding a sticker. I had no pressure on myself. These cards did not have to pinterest or instagram worthy. My goal was to put a project life card in the kids albums.




Now if you take my main reasons from each of those number points,
*Something that takes minimal time
* Completing something that has my heart in it
* No limitations or restrictions, the project is for you to enjoy not to try and satisfy another.


 Last year I had packed away a whole lot of empty 6 x 8 albums, which served the purpose of useless. Yes, I have been cleaning and tidying the shed and found those albums and admired them again.  Anyways, I kept coming back to an ongoing mini album, with no purpose, no theme, just an album to put stuff in.

So, for my #the100dayproject this year, I will make one those albums a continual mini album, with no purpose, no limitations as to what goes in with an objective to do something for 15 minutes a day.

Hundred days is a long stint, i understand, so I always break it into chucks. I look at this as 30 days, once that's finished, look at another 30 days... Once again I have taken that unnecessary pressure off myself, by looking at little bit by little bit.

Here's to 100 days in an album!
Follow me at instagram to see updates. 

 photo b14aab11-c343-4b9f-bec1-896291fc7892_zpspbti8bqf.png

1 comment:

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x