October 18, 2017

Coffee, coffee mugs, coffee...



Hello lovely people, Felicity here today with a layout using the Hip Kit club September kit and the sketch for the 13th October.


I absolutely love the big rectangle behind the photo and the other elements to compliment the design. I've had  my eye on this coffee mug paper from the Paige Evans turn your page collection in the Main kit  since I got the kit, that it was time to use it! (shh.. I was saving that paper for a special project.. tee hee) Perfect for the element behind the photo.


So I spend a good while, yes whilst drinking coffee as well, and fussy cut out a lot of those mugs. Oh there cute and so bold and bright. Not to mention the sentiments on a few of them. Love it :) 


To add a little depth to the page, I then used some 3D dots to make them 'jump out at you'. Who doesn't want coffee jumping at you, especially in the morning!! tee hee.  Then I went to all my embellishments in the kit and started layering them on the left of the photo to create that layer element on the sketch.


I loved mixing up the chipboard, the paper and the sticker embellishments. Just adds some real interest to the page. I then used the sewing machine to add in those faint lines on the left and the bottom of the photo. I went with a pale teal minty colour, because there was all ready a lot of colour going on, I did want to go 'over' top and make it to busy for eye.


Then to take away all the 'stark' white I decided to use some of the shimmerz from the colour kit and create some splatters. It truly finished the page off. 



All though this is a busy kind of page for me, I just love it. Not just because its all about coffee and coffee mugs!! Yes I have a bit of weakness, I love buying coffee mugs, my cupboard over flows with them. If  its not scrapping embellishments Im purchasing, its coffee mugs!! Tee hee

Here is my process video on how this came together :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x