February 24, 2017
February 23, 2017
Hello crafty friends. You know when you see a piece paper and instantly oooh and ahhh over it? That was me with the scallop paper from Felicity Jane Sophie collection. I knew I wanted to fussy the scallops. Who doesn't like sitting on the couch with a coffee and a pair scissors, day dreaming while you cut? I've said it a few times, but its relaxing and very therapeutic. Perhaps not for the person watching you cut, but for the person with the scissors its great.
I laid the scallop down on the page, with absolute no direction at this point, other than use those scallops. I fiddle for a while. Got up and did some laundry, came back and then I had that 'lightbulb' moment. Lets cut them up individually. More fussy cutting. Why not? Another coffee, sure!
Then I start layering them in no order at all. Oh, I love how it turned out.
Time to think about my next project. Fussy cutting perhaps?
February 21, 2017
Ever felt a little whole in your heart, but yet you just cant find it and wonder what it needs to filled? Perhaps you feel a like a balloon slowly being deflated. You want to stay like a nice round balloon, full of air and waiting for little fingers to play with you, to love you and take care of you.
Life can slowly put a little prick in your balloon and the air slowly releases out. You try to keep yourself a float, you nurture yourself, you try to stay calm but still that little whole is releasing air and your slowly deflating. How can this whole be patched up?
Sometimes it takes a little self care. Time to strengthen yourself. Reflect on how far you've come and the many many blessings you have. To simply be thankful for all you have.
I've had this longing in my heart to send some pretty things to someone. To swap pocket letters and share a little kindness and love. I am only a ammeter at these, but I can tell you that it certainly patched that little whole in my balloon. Making this pocket letter made me thankful for just the simply of creating. Sticking pretty things together and filling it with pretties for someone to cherish.
I want to keep this balloon tight and full of air. If you want to trade Pocket letters, leave me a comment, email me or pop over to Instagram.
Friends, find that little whole, search your heart and fill it.
Your balloon will thank you!
February 15, 2017
February 13, 2017
Sometimes you just have to sit and take a moment to be creativity for the sake of yourself.
Sometimes you open a box of pretty things and you feel instantly inspired.
Sometimes your ideas are so exciting, that you can't stop.
Sometimes the project ends up better than you imagined, all because your heart is in.
Sometimes you realise how much love you have for simply creating.
Sometimes fussy cutting is an endless option. Why not? Its therapatic.
Sometimes its layers, upon layers that soon it will be like the Empire State building!
Sometimes you just need to make pretty things.
February 10, 2017
February 7, 2017
I have made a start on Project life for twenty - seventeen. I will continue with completing 3 albums for this year. One each for the kids.
Heres why I will do it this way.
1. I just love the idea of the kids having there own individual album, full of photos, stories and memorabilia. When I was a little girl, my mother always put photos into a photo album right from birth till I left home. These albums are ones I often get out and the kids and I look back at what I did when I was there age. The photo album holds so many memories, that its not until I look at the photo and I remember. So what I am trying to do, is re-create that photo album, but with lots of prettiness and journaling.
2. Sure, it can feel repetitive and feel a little mundane because I am often using a photo 3 times, (one in each album), but that's where I want to push my creativity this year, think about what I can do different to document that photo in the album.
3. I want to try and branch out a little this year with my technqiues on my spreads. So this spread in Piper album has lots of hand stitching. I kept going back to that thought of hand stitching around the word 'fantastic'. I find hand stitching very therapeutic, especially at night when the kids are tucked in and hubby out in the dark on the farm working away still. Its just nice and relaxing to sit and hand stitch and ponder about the day it was.
4. Project life reaps a lot of positive for me. It helps me to see and remember what adventures we've shared together. The places our feet have trod and the words we've utter, that brings us to deep belly giggles.
5. Project Life also makes me take photos daily. To use my camera and freeze the moment. Sure there are times when you simply dont feel like 'clicking', but that's when I restore to pen and paper. Recording the day. It almost becomes a visual diary of the kids lives.
February 3, 2017
February 1, 2017
The kids are in their second week of school for twenty seventeen. The laundry is done. A quick tidy up from the before school madness. Time for a cuppa.
We all have a little indulgences don't we. If I allowed myself it would be a whole packet of Allens red frogs or a deck of Cadbury Fruit & nut chocolate. But those sweet treats are limited in the house. I simply can't stop at one or two or three... They enter the house in moderation.
Those sweet indulgences are replaced with a coffee and creativity. My love for coffee mugs goes with the love for coffee. Makes sense doesnt it? Creativity is a love that becomes inseparable at times. Especially when I was lucky enough to be asked to play with some brand span-ken new stamps from Kellie Stamps. The Summer set stamps.
Perhaps I should change the default treat of coffee or sweet treats to....a bubble bath, gardening in the sunshine, or splashing in the pool....
But they don't seem as inviting as coffee and creativity when its 40'c days.
I'll stick with the coffee and creativity for hottest part of the day and the bubble bath and gardening in the late evening....
Pop over here to Pre-order your Summer stamp set.